A lot of people are satisfied the way life goes for them and are prepared to take things as they come. On the other hand, there are some who are always full of enthusiasm, ideas, and continuously look for opportunities and ways of doing things differently.
These characteristics are what entrepreneurs are made of. You might have work already cut out for you and you don’t even realize it. What’s more, you may even have the makings of a great entrepreneur before you even start. Take a look at some of the signs that you’ll stand out.
1. You are oozing with self confidence. Self confidence plays a huge role in what you do. You also inspire confidence among people who work with you. You are ready to take up any challenges and are confident that you will be successful.
2. You are enthusiastic. You are passionate and serious about whatever you undertake. You can easily be identified from the rest for you radiate and glow with enthusiasm. Enthusiasm glows, radiates, permeates and immediately captures everyone’s interest. – Paul J. Meyer
3. You like being a leader. You are always in the forefront leading people, and are prepared to assume responsibilities. You can easily identify problems and sort out issues. You have a vision and you pursue it relentlessly while you inspire others to do the same.
4. You have self discipline. A disciplined entrepreneur is a successful entrepreneur. You’re able to motivate yourself to do the things you need to do.
5. You have a sense of urgency to get jobs done. There is no question of delaying or postponing any job entrusted to you. You are quick in completing tasks and never procrastinate.
6. You do not hesitate to take calculated risks. You dare to do things other will never do. You know that unless you take risks, you will not be able to outsmart your competitor.
7. You think big regardless of what environment you are in. You never run out of new ideas and you constantly think of expansion and implementation of new technologies and processes.
8. You have the desire to learn and keep up with the latest technology advances. In entrepreneurship, you never really stop learning; and a part of the learning process is getting to know what new technologies have to offer.
9. You have excellent time management skills. You like planning ahead, which is an important element of time management. You have a schedule of important activities and tasks. You plan and execute your work in time and so skillfully that you are hardly ever stressed.
10. Finally, you are not a quitter! You never quit under any circumstances. Failure is not an option for you. You remain motivated till success is achieved. This not only makes you a courageous person but a great entrepreneur as well.
I’ve seen these traits in my peers and they proved to be very good entrepreneurs. Do you see yourself in these characteristics? Perhaps this is the push you’ve been waiting for? Well, then, I’m pushing you. You’ll do well.
Like many people around my age we are redefining what retirement is all about. Our generation is not satisfied with just sitting around waiting for time to pass. We’re breaking the rules and making our latter years mean something.
Latest posts by Harry Parker (see all)
- The Business of Being Charming: Service Design for Customer Delight - January 15, 2016
- Older Entrepreneurs, New Habits: Conditioning for Success - November 12, 2015
- Don’t Let Innovation Intimidate You - November 5, 2015