We all rely heavily on technology nowadays. After all, we are now living in a digital era where information can be had with just a click. No matter where you go, you will always see people fully engaged with their mobiles and tablets, since this is actually the quickest and easiest way to get any kind of information. Various companies and organizations all over the world, no matter how small or large they may be, have actually taken advantage of this; they know that making themselves known in cyberspace is the best way to introduce their company or product.
People, especially those just starting out with their own businesses, make the assumption that having your own website is costly and that is why they refuse to make one, preferring to network the old fashioned way either by word of mouth or through print media. However, what they do not realize is that having their own websites or online portfolios is actually a vital investment now, especially if they want to make themselves or their companies known beyond their immediate network. Still hesitant to have your own website? Here are 8 reasons why you should just go ahead and create one:
1. Creating your own website from scratch is not as expensive as it seems. You can actually have your own website without spending too much, and even for free. A trend nowadays is signing up for one of the numerous websites offering free blog or web hosting services, such as WordPress, Weebly, Wix, and Blogspot, and create a blog that will serve as their main website. There are already some pre-made themes available so those who have no inkling about website designing can make one without much of a hassle. You can also acquire the services of other people to make your website unique. You do not have to hire the most expensive designers out there; there are some independent contractors that are just as talented but will charge a fee that is way lower than those required by professional ones. Of course, for a small business, websites created using the free blog hosting services are more than enough for that purpose.
You may be interested in reading: Why Older Entrepreneurs Choose Shopify for a Hosted eCommerce Solution
2. It will let you save money in terms of marketing. Businesses traditionally make use of printed materials for marketing, which is quite costly. After all, you have to hire someone to design the promotional materials, print them out, and distribute of these materials to as many people as possible. With your own website, you can skip that part and save a huge amount of money because your website will be the main promotional material and you do not have to spend too much for it.
3. It will introduce you and your business faster. With just a few clicks, people will already get a brief idea about your business. You no longer have to use up your energy meeting people in different places, stand around in the streets passing flyers around, or post advertisements on the walls to market yourself and your business. All the information your customers need will be easily seen at your website at both your and their conveniences since it will be accessible to everyone anytime.
4. Updating your information is a whole lot easier. One important thing to remember in business is you have to make all the information you want your audience to know be as updated as possible. By having your own website, you will be able to do so anytime since you only need to add text and even photos to add to your website, which will only take about an hour or so, if not even less. You do not need to produce an extensive amount of publicity materials to do so.
5. Websites are easy to create and maintain. Contrary to popular belief, creating your own website is actually easy nowadays and people of all ages can actually do it, even you, since there are plenty of tutorials for doing so that are available. Or you can ask someone else to set it up for you. Once that’s done, you can just check out your website every now and then and add more content and updates to it. You can even find out how many people visit your website in a day or during a specific period with the built-in page counters offered by different website hosts.
6. You will be able to reach a wider audience. Since websites are internet-based, your potential customers are no longer limited to those who are located within your area. You can even introduce yourself and your business to people located on the other side of the world. Many people actually discover their new favourite companies accidentally while they are randomly surfing the internet.Who knows, your soon-to-be loyal customers might actually be living somewhere in Asia just waiting for you and your products to be discovered online.
7. Great customer service is made easier. With a website, you can post your operating hours and contact numbers so that customers will know how to reach you and when to visit your store, if available. They can also leave comments and reviews on your website to let people know how great your business is and even let you know where you can improve.
8. It has a huge professional impact. When you let your customers know that you have a website that they can visit for the latest updates on your business, it actually affects your image positively since having a website makes them take you seriously because it gives off the impression that you are heavily invested in your business.
The reasons mentioned above are just some of the many reasons why people who are thinking of having or already have their own businesses, like you, should take time to establish their own websites. With the benefits mentioned, there is actually hardly any reason for you not to make one.
Latest posts by Seniorpreneur (see all)
- 2015 Best Marketplaces for Online Tasks - August 18, 2015
- How to Master your Craft, at Any Age - July 16, 2015
- The Best Outsourcing and Virtual Assistance Websites - June 16, 2015